Monday, May 8, 2017

And the plan goes on.....

It's all just a dream, ain't it ? That's just so much of the fun....the plan! Mines on hold ,somewhat,the tornado and damage to my boat have put me on hold...but it's gettin better. The Bimini is torn but if the local canvas people can't repair it before I want to leave ,the top is still livable and I'll just deal with it. Now the real stopable damage is the cabin door. It's a mess ,BUT I've contacted the manufacture in British Columbia ,Canada and it can be replaced just takes 6-8 weeks to deliver. Ok ,in the meantime the door frame is somewhat able to be straightened and a temporary ( plexiglass) window can be installed and the door remounted and that makes the cabin secure ( bugs) and I can plan to go. Time is screwed up with all this so I'll have to move departure back till mid June and at that time it mite not doable to do the upper reaches of the Cumberland as the lake level on the Cumberland lake mite already be drawn down and the river levels too shallow ,below the dam,for my draft . BUT from Celina,Tn. down the river is doable year round so maybe I can't do quite as far but I can do the navigable Cumberland . I've received so much help from 'Traces on the Cumberland ' and a chart from them on the upper reaches and depths and can't thank them enough. When I'm ready to leave I'll sure contact them to see if the upper river is doable,their Marina facility is on the river and they know!The storm sure squashed my spirits but a few days,and looking into repairs, time frame , temporary repairs , and the sudden realization that it's all still doable have me all fired up .I'm dreaming of a nite hanging on the hook, a little rum,gentile motion of the boat swinging on the hook,and the quiet.......it's the plan!Sure wish I knew how to place a picture on here ,would love to put a shot of her (the boat Bobcat) so you knew what I'm on! So maybe you don't care ! Oh well ... Nite ...Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment