Friday, June 9, 2017
Time....
This week catches me working part time at a welding shop as the owner takes a week off and my job is to sit in his office chair and answer phone and do a few other odds and ends . Nothing hard,I'm not a welder and before I retired I rented space here at the shop to park my equipment and still have that space rented to store our 5th wheel and truck and it's where I do repair work on our vehicles. Tomorrow is oil change day on my old Mercury villager (314000 miles) and later next week I'll load the C Dory on the trailer and service it ,clean it , and get it loaded for the trip to Kentucky (here at the shop) and the destination is ' Traces on the Cumberland' where I'll stock it with food ,they will help me launch, and the Cumberland run will start. The canvas has been repaired, the door now straightened and plexiglass put in so 'Bobcat' is ready to go. Some time near the end of June ,Diamond Sea Glass in Canada will build the new door and ship,but for now she is as ship shape as she needs to be and mother Cumberland is calling! I still have not learned how to post a picture but when I do I'll place a picture of the boat and I hope to be able to write every day on the boat and place pictures of the travel. I don't have a smart phone and I'm hoping I can transfer pictures from the iPad to the post as I can do that now when I email someone. I've been able to do a lot of short cruises as the River here ( Mississippi) while still at flood is dropping and has been pretty clean with 'trash' so short evening rides have been doable. As the 'Bob' is kept on a hoist, in a covered dock and I live only 7 miles from my Marina ,it's easy to go after I close the shop this week and take a run. It's full moon time of the month and as the River here makes a sharp bend and actually runs from the west to east , you can see the sun setting upstream and the moon coming up downstream. Water under a full moon makes for a visual ' nite camp' ! It's ( full moon) a short time each month when a evening cruise is a real 'mood' calming time. For now......out
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment